Storage buildings are some of the most versatile tools for any business large or small. A portable storage building can be utilized to store and protect anything from goods and materials to high-ticket items like automobiles and construction equipment. The most important factor in finding the right outdoor storage building for your needs is deciding how large the structure needs to be and fitting it into your budget.
Outdoor storage buildings from ShelterTech are more affordable than traditional permanent buildings and have a variety of customizations to fit the needs of any type of business. First, it is important to understand how these commercial storage buildings are different than their competitors.
What is a Storage Building?
Storage buildings come in many different shapes, sizes, colors, and materials to provide protection from outside elements. Portable storage buildings from ShelterTech can be manufactured with different strengths of fabric, all built with ultra-sturdy rust proof aluminum frames for ultimate strength.
Portable storage buildings are unique in the sense that they are strong enough to protect items from severe weather, but still offer the flexibility of being deconstructed and built in another area of your property. Whether your business needs change or you move locations, there is no need to invest in another structure when you purchase an outdoor storage building that can move with you.
What Makes the ShelterTech SP Stand Above the Rest?
The truth is, there are plenty of outdoor storage buildings on the market. But ShelterTech creates rugged and dependable structures that can fit into any budget. What makes ShelterTech buildings so unique?
Customization is very important when adding a storage building to your business or property. With ShelterTech, you can choose from:
- Shape: Choose a barn, round, or peak style building depending on what you are storing and your overall goals.
- Size: You can fully customize your building, choosing from options up to 30 ft. wide and 100 ft. long! That means whether you are just starting up your business, or need one o the largest structures we manufacture, there is a size waiting for you. There is no need to compromise on buying a cookie-cutter building that may not work perfectly for your needs when you can create your own.
- Color: Choose from different colors like green, tan, white, or gray to truly make your portable storage building unique.
Wind and Snow Load Rated Structures
If you are looking to protect your business’ belongings in tougher weather, ShelterTech SP structures are wind and snow load rated to give you peace of mind. Snow and wind ratings are calculated based on the structures being properly anchored. If used properly, buildings can withstand over 130 mph wind speeds with a 75 PSF snow load rating. Why are these portable storage buildings so strong?
- Galvanized steel construction: The ultra-strong steel used in ShelterTech SP buildings undergoes a hot dipping process that helps to stave off rust and corrosion, keeping the entire building safer from the elements. These commercial grade buildings are made with the best materials on the market.
- ShelterLock stabilizers: These patented connectors reinforce every cross rail and main rib of the structure, creating a sturdier building to protect your belongings.
- Thicker frames: ShelterTech buildings have frames that are thicker than the standard steel pipe frames in most portable storage buildings on the market. All ShelterTech steel pipe frames also come with a 3-year warranty.
Rugged, Durable Fabric Covers
Not all portable storage buildings are created equal. In fact, the durability of the fabric covers can make all the difference when it comes to longevity and performance. ShelterTech offers fabric covers with different weights, strengths, and colors to fully customize based on your needs. They are also UV-treated and 100% waterproof to not only protect what’s inside, but to keep the overall structure in great shape for years to come. These covers have a variety of benefits to include:
- Strength: Fabric covers from ShelterTech are flame resistant and repel oil and chemicals to keep your outdoor storage building looking new. The PVC used to manufacture these covers is similar to those used by astronauts, firefighters, and military personnel.
- Customization: Choose from Heavy Duty 14.5 oz fabric or Ultra Duty 21.5 oz fabric in a variety of colors. You’ll be able to build your very own structure from start to finish based on your unique needs.
- Warranty: Depending on the type of fabric you choose for your portable storage building, you will either receive a 10 year or 15-year prorated warranty. This provides increased reassurance that these buildings are built to last.
The secret to a long-lasting ShelterTech SP storage building is simple. Practice key maintenance procedures to get the highest performance while improving longevity. Maintenance includes:
- Checking anchors and connectors: It is important to ensure your outdoor storage building performs properly by periodically checking connectors and anchors, especially after any strong storms or weather events. Make sure connections are strong to ensure a proper frame to fabric fit for optimal use.
- Proper cleaning: Always clean fabric with gentle soap and a soft bristled brush. Avoid pressure washing to avoid ripping or tearing of the fabric. Make sure to always wash both the inside and outside of the building for best results.
- Clearing debris: Sticks, snow, and other debris can easily be caught on the roof of the building. Carefully clear debris to not only keep it looking neat, but to prevent any collapsing from too much weight on the cover. Make sure to never try to clear snow or debris from the inside of the structure. Use a brush or other soft tool and gently brush debris from the outside.
These 5 Industries Can Benefit from ShelterTech SP Storage Buildings
While any business big or small can find benefits to utilizing a ShelterTech SP storage building on the property, here are 5 industries where portable buildings add convenience and security while even increasing the bottom line.
Construction sites have a number of expensive tools and materials that need to be kept out of the elements. In addition, keeping these items out of sight of potential thieves is also a simple way to increase security on the worksite. Whether storing high-dollar vehicles or simple construction tools, having outdoor storage buildings on the worksite can save money in the long run. It can also help to increase the workflow when items are organized and protected from elements that can contribute to damage.
Landscaping companies have a variety of items to store, including lawnmowers, sod, chemicals, and other necessities to keep the business going and growing. A great part about purchasing a portable storage building for a landscaping business is that you can take apart the building and reconstruct it anywhere else if your business grows or moves.
Farming and Agriculture
Farms large and small need storage structures to thrive. Portable storage buildings have a number of functions. Storing equipment like tractors is important to keep your investments out of the moisture and heat. Additionally, storing feed is necessary to keep it from spoiling and to protect it from pests. You can even use one of these storage buildings as a hoop barn to grow food more effectively to increase yield. You can also move these outdoor storage buildings if your needs change throughout the season.
Portable storage buildings can have a variety of uses for government entities. From storing law enforcement vehicles to salt for the utilities department, portable storage buildings are budget-friendly while also allowing for plenty of flexibility. Government healthcare workers have also been able to utilize these portable buildings more following the pandemic to use as vaccination sites or screening sites for COVID-19. Even school districts can use portable storage buildings to protect fleet vehicles or for school agriculture programs.
Both large and small automotive businesses can utilize ShelterTech SP buildings for storage and protection from the elements. The popular crew from the hit television show Graveyard Carz even uses these strong buildings to store cars in a way that can allow them to restore more cars while protecting their investments from wind, rain, and rust. Just listen to the crew from Graveyard Carz talk about why this ShelterTech SP storage building was a game changer for their business. They can store dozens of vehicles in the large portable building while they are in various stages of repair, without having to worry about fending off the elements.
Is ShelterTech Right for Your Business?
There are many reasons why so many businesses trust ShelterTech SP buildings with their storage needs. From storing expensive machinery to creating a custom workspace, you’ll be able to choose the size, shape, color, and strength of your building all within your budget.
Constructed with only high-grade ASTM A500 certified galvanized steel frames, you can rest assured that each building can stand up to wind, snow, and other elements to protect your business for seasons to come. With prorated warranties, you can take extra peace of mind knowing these strong buildings will boost your business season after season.